Homemade Dairy Products to Be Legally Offered in Restaurants
Amendments to the regulation for the direct sale of homemade products would allow Bulgaria's restaurants to legally offer homemade dairy products to their clients.
The amendments allow the use of mobile dairies to produce white and yellow cheese of goat, sheep and buffalo milk directly at the pasture itself, reports the daily 24 Chasa. Such dairies are a novelty in Bulgaria, but are already widely used in Switzerland.
Now some restaurants offer homemade cheese, in violation of the food safety regulations, which strictly forbid the sale of such products from unlicensed small dairy producers.
Experts expect great interest from dairy producers in the mountain regions in Bulgaria, as those dairies can be driven straight to the pasture. The control will be carried out by the regional food safety departments.
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » 3 Big Outsourcing Firms to Open Offices in Plovdiv Within Months
- » Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
- » Flydubai Airline To Fly Between Sofia and Dubai
- » Construction of 2 New Bulgaria-Romania Bridges to Start by 2017
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes