Homemade Dairy Products to Be Legally Offered in Restaurants
Amendments to the regulation for the direct sale of homemade products would allow Bulgaria's restaurants to legally offer homemade dairy products to their clients.
The amendments allow the use of mobile dairies to produce white and yellow cheese of goat, sheep and buffalo milk directly at the pasture itself, reports the daily 24 Chasa. Such dairies are a novelty in Bulgaria, but are already widely used in Switzerland.
Now some restaurants offer homemade cheese, in violation of the food safety regulations, which strictly forbid the sale of such products from unlicensed small dairy producers.
Experts expect great interest from dairy producers in the mountain regions in Bulgaria, as those dairies can be driven straight to the pasture. The control will be carried out by the regional food safety departments.
- » Kronospan to Invest BGN 300 M in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgaria's Average Wage 'to Top BGN 1000 This Year'
- » Bulgaria Lags Behind in Attracting Foreign Investment - Industry Group
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Bulgaria's Energy System Stable, Minister Says
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016