Homemade Dairy Products to Be Legally Offered in Restaurants
Amendments to the regulation for the direct sale of homemade products would allow Bulgaria's restaurants to legally offer homemade dairy products to their clients.
The amendments allow the use of mobile dairies to produce white and yellow cheese of goat, sheep and buffalo milk directly at the pasture itself, reports the daily 24 Chasa. Such dairies are a novelty in Bulgaria, but are already widely used in Switzerland.
Now some restaurants offer homemade cheese, in violation of the food safety regulations, which strictly forbid the sale of such products from unlicensed small dairy producers.
Experts expect great interest from dairy producers in the mountain regions in Bulgaria, as those dairies can be driven straight to the pasture. The control will be carried out by the regional food safety departments.
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Bulgaria Says China Proposing to Invest USD 100 M in Car Wheel Plant in Ruse
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-May Current Account Balance Turns to Surplus
- » Bulgaria to Pay Debts to 2 Airports Put Up for Concession
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank