Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype
- » Russia 'Offered Poland Part of Ukraine' - Former FM