Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » Sofia-Istanbul Flights Restored after Airport Terror Attack
- » Russia Extends Food Imports Embargo to End-2017
- » Tusk Rules Out Single Market 'à la carte' for UK
- » Putin, Erdogan Agree to Work Towards Normalisation of Relations
- » One Ukrainian, One Iranian Reported as Victims of Istanbul Airport Terror Attack
- » Sofia Airport Heightens Security Measures After Ataturk Airport Attack