Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing