Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » Greeks Reject Creditors’ Bailout Terms in Referendum - Partial Results
- » Turnout in Greek Bailout Referendum “Over 50%” – Interior Minister
- » 'No' Leads in Greece's Bailout Referendum with 15% of Votes Reported
- » ‘No’ Vote Appears to Be Leading in Greek Referendum After Voting Ends - Polls
- » Russian Space Freighter Carrying 2.4 T Cargo Docks with ISS
- » Tsipras: Greeks Determined to Take Control of Their Own Destiny in Referendum