Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » Hundreds of Thousands Evacuated as Cyclone Hits Bangladesh
- » Debates on New Cabinet in Skopje Start Tomorrow
- » UK Police Nabs 15th Person in Manchester Bomb Probe
- » British Airways Hoping to Operate 'Near-Normal' Schedule
- » G7 Summit Ends Deadlocked on Climate Change
- » Greece Returns 10 Migrants to Turkey Under EU Deal