Grybauskaite Leads Lithuanian Presidential Vote
Incumbent President Dalia Grybauskaite has taken a comfortable lead in Lithuania's presidential elections, but a runoff seems likely for deciding the race.
Grybauskaite has won 43.39% of the votes according to preliminary results, Delfi.lt reported. Social Democratic candidate Zigmantas Balcytis is second with 15.68%, followed by Labor Party's Arturas Paulauskas with 14.72%.
In order to secure a second term in office, Grybauskaite needs to get at least 50% of the votes, otherwise a second round will be held between the two leading candidates.
- » EU Urges Russia to Release Protesters 'Without Delay'
- » Serbian PM: Meeting with Putin of Exceptional Importance For Serbia
- » Hundreds Arrested in Anti-Corruption Protests in Russia
- » Nearly 75,000 Bulgarians Vote Abroad
- » Five Bulgarians Injured in Bus Crash in Hungary
- » BHC: Voting In Turkey's Bursa Too Slow