Austria's 'Bearded Lady' Conchita Wurst Wins Eurovision
Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst won the 59th annual Eurovision Song Contest held in Copenhagen on Saturday.
The Netherlands ranked second with a score of 238 points and Sweden won third place with 218 points, according to the BBC News.
Conchita Wurst, whose real name is Tom Neuwirth, won with the ballad Rise Like a Phoenix, collecting 290 points and scoring Austria's first victory in the contest since 1966.
The singer dedicated the night "to everyone who believes in a future of peace and freedom.
Some 26 countries performed at the Eurovision final, held at B&W Hallerne arena in Denmark's capital.
Bulgaria did not participate in this year's edition of Eurovision due to financial difficulties.
- » Trump Threatens To ‘Totally Destroy’ North Korea
- » EU Strengthens its Syria Crisis Response Through Additional Funding to UNICEF
- » New Мeasures to Scale up EU Cybersecurity
- » Authorities Evacuated Liverpool Street Underground Station in London
- » Turkey Mulling Sanctions Over Iraqi Kurdish Referendum
- » Leonardo DiCaprio Announces USD 20 Million Grant to Battle Climate Change