Austria's 'Bearded Lady' Conchita Wurst Wins Eurovision
Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst won the 59th annual Eurovision Song Contest held in Copenhagen on Saturday.
The Netherlands ranked second with a score of 238 points and Sweden won third place with 218 points, according to the BBC News.
Conchita Wurst, whose real name is Tom Neuwirth, won with the ballad Rise Like a Phoenix, collecting 290 points and scoring Austria's first victory in the contest since 1966.
The singer dedicated the night "to everyone who believes in a future of peace and freedom.
Some 26 countries performed at the Eurovision final, held at B&W Hallerne arena in Denmark's capital.
Bulgaria did not participate in this year's edition of Eurovision due to financial difficulties.
- » Wild Fires Across Southern France and Corsica Threaten Homes
- » Vatican Fountains Turned Off in Response to Drought
- » US Sees More Signs North Korea is Preparing Another Missile Test
- » Russia Deploys Military Police at 'Safe Zone' in Syria
- » Two NATO Ships Arrived at Odessa Port
- » A Man with a Chainsaw Left at Least 5 People Injured in Switzerland