Lithuania Holds Presidential Elections, Incumbent Eyes 2nd Term
Lithuania is holding presidential elections, with incumbent Dalia Grybauskaite expected to secure her second term.
Some 2.5 million voters are eligible to cast their ballots for a total of seven candidates.
58-year-old Grybauskaite is likely to score more than 50% of the vote, provided that voter turnout exceeds 50%, according to reports of Deutsche Welle.
Grybauskaite, former EU budget chief, needs more than 50% of the vote in order to avoid a run-off election on May 25, the day of the European elections.
The closest rivals of the incumbent, Labor candidate Arturas Paulauskas and European Parliament member and Social Democrat Zigmantas Balcytis, enjoy the support of around 10% of the voters, according to local polling agencies.
- » 16 Hungarian Pupils Die in Bus Crash Near Verona
- » Donald Trump Signs Decree Against Obamacare
- » Turkey's Parliament Approves Constitutional Reform
- » Reuters: Turkey Moving Ever Closer To Becoming Authoritarian State
- » Belgium: Not All Returns of Migrants to Bulgaria Are Cancelled
- » Germany Legalises Marijuana
bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and other. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options and we also discount/monetize BG's.
This offer is open to both individuals and corporate bodies.