Daily Mail: Bulgaria's Stolipinovo 'Worst Holiday Destination'
From Bulgaria to New Jersey, infographic reveals the 10 WORST destinations in the world for a holiday
By the Daily Mail. This is only a part of the article. The 'Top 10', prepared with some sense of humor, is available by clicking the link.
If you're thinking of holidaying somewhere new this year, these are the places on the planet you will probably want to avoid.
The top 10 worst destinations in the world for a break have been revealed - with a district in Bulgaria taking the top slot.
Adding the crime rate, the local authority rating and cleanliness statistics over the past 18 months, buyagift.com has put together the top 10 areas not to visit.
With 3,234 vehicle thefts, 141 murders and 2,462 robberies, Stolipinovo in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, was named the worst destination in the world for a holiday.
Bogota in Colombia followed closely behind - with 255,575 violent crimes and 63,440 robberies. Golyanovo in Moscow, Russia, is in third place, with Ferentari in Bucharest, Romania, and Naucalpan in Juarez, Mexico, making up the top five.
A spokesman for buyagift.com said: 'We wanted to highlight that even within some of the most glitzy, popularised holiday destinations, there are areas that you would not want to venture – regions often unspoken of in the media.
'Interactive guides to the top 20 worst destinations in the world for a holiday are available on buyagift.com with virtual tours of each of the areas.
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'
- » Politico: Bulgaria May Veer Shaprly Back into Moscow Orbit after Presidential Vote
- » Bulgaria's Radev 'Benefited from Popular Resentment against Coalition' - FT
- » FT: Ex-Air Chief Threatens to Upturn Apple Cart of Bulgarian Politics
- » Russian Paper: Bulgaria 'Was Docile NATO, EU Member' Under Last Socialist President
Most of the "Bulgarians" here in Sheffield UK are tsigani. They've united all the other races in this multi-ethnic city - against them. Pity that most people here just class them as Bulgarians or Romanians, and don't understand that tsigani are a very different kettle of fish.