Andrea Bocelli's Concert in Sofia Moved to August 31
World-renowned Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli's concert in Sofia will be on August 31, three months on from its previous date in end-May.
It will also be moved to the Balgarska Armiya Stadium (Stadium of the Bulgarian Army), according to his representative for Europe, Bella Primo.
The event was previously scheduled for May 30 in the Arena Armeets and tickets have been sold out for over a month. However, Bocelli's performance has sparked huge interest with thousands more wishing to buy tickets. This has prompted the organizers to reschedule it.
Primo said at a press conference on Saturday that the move to change the time and venue over interest from the public was "unprecedented" in Bocelli's career.
He promised that what spectators are to experience will not be just a concert, but a "unique" open-air event with video production and effects unseen before and used by bands such as Metallica.
Bocelli will come to Bulgaria accompanied by a huge international orchestra.
According to previous arrangements, he was also due to sing together with Bulgaria's pop legend Lili Ivanova.
Primo however said her participation in the show was now in question.
Bocelli's favorite Bulgarian soprano, Svetlana Vasileva, on the other hand, has confirmed she will be take part in the show.
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Malta Wins 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest Hosted by Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Hosts Final of 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday