Andrea Bocelli's Concert in Sofia Moved to August 31
World-renowned Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli's concert in Sofia will be on August 31, three months on from its previous date in end-May.
It will also be moved to the Balgarska Armiya Stadium (Stadium of the Bulgarian Army), according to his representative for Europe, Bella Primo.
The event was previously scheduled for May 30 in the Arena Armeets and tickets have been sold out for over a month. However, Bocelli's performance has sparked huge interest with thousands more wishing to buy tickets. This has prompted the organizers to reschedule it.
Primo said at a press conference on Saturday that the move to change the time and venue over interest from the public was "unprecedented" in Bocelli's career.
He promised that what spectators are to experience will not be just a concert, but a "unique" open-air event with video production and effects unseen before and used by bands such as Metallica.
Bocelli will come to Bulgaria accompanied by a huge international orchestra.
According to previous arrangements, he was also due to sing together with Bulgaria's pop legend Lili Ivanova.
Primo however said her participation in the show was now in question.
Bocelli's favorite Bulgarian soprano, Svetlana Vasileva, on the other hand, has confirmed she will be take part in the show.
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » So Independent Festival To Host Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes Movies in Sofia
- » Stage of Centuries Opera Season To Be Launched in Bulgaria's Tarnovo in 2017
- » One Dance Week Features Performances from France, Korea on Oct 13-14
- » Russian Impressionists Featured in Bulgaria for 1st Time