Railroad Link between Sofia, Thessaloniki Restored
A train connecting Bulgaria's capital Sofia and Greece's port city of Thessaloniki will continue operating from Saturday, May 10.
Two second-class wagons, one from Bulgaria and one from Greece, will travel daily between the two cities, according to a press release of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) cited by Dnevnik.bg.
The seven-hour trip will also offer a connection to Greek capital Athens. Trains will set off from Sofia at 03:30 PM and will be in Thessaloniki in 10:22 PM.
Those from Thessaloniki will depart at 06:55 AM to arrive at Bulgaria's capital at 01:45 PM.
A common single ticket will cost EUR 17.43 (BGN 34.86).
Twelve "discount" tickets will be available in each train for passengers who decide on a special two-way offer agreed between railway operators in Bulgaria and Greece.
Reduced-price tickets (return included) are worth EUR 25 each.
- » Bulgaria, Romania Move to Set Up Joint Tourist Info Center in China
- » Discovery Channel Declares Bulgaria Top Tourist Destination in Europe
- » Canada Easing Visa Regime for Bulgarian Visitors from 2016
- » Minister Predicts 50% Increase in Air Traffic over Bulgaria after Launch of Istanbul New Airport
- » Bulgaria, Romania Plan Opening Joint Tourist Centre in China
- » Minister: Drop of Russian Tourists to Be Compensated by European Visitors