Railroad Link between Sofia, Thessaloniki Restored
A train connecting Bulgaria's capital Sofia and Greece's port city of Thessaloniki will continue operating from Saturday, May 10.
Two second-class wagons, one from Bulgaria and one from Greece, will travel daily between the two cities, according to a press release of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) cited by Dnevnik.bg.
The seven-hour trip will also offer a connection to Greek capital Athens. Trains will set off from Sofia at 03:30 PM and will be in Thessaloniki in 10:22 PM.
Those from Thessaloniki will depart at 06:55 AM to arrive at Bulgaria's capital at 01:45 PM.
A common single ticket will cost EUR 17.43 (BGN 34.86).
Twelve "discount" tickets will be available in each train for passengers who decide on a special two-way offer agreed between railway operators in Bulgaria and Greece.
Reduced-price tickets (return included) are worth EUR 25 each.
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Bulgaria's Deputy EconMin Proposes Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Winter Tourism to See 4.5-5% Growth in 2014 – Branimir Botev
- » Bulgaria To Spend BGN 7 M On Tourism Promotion
- » Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Rise By Almost 10% In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians