Bulgaria's Government Convenes in Northern Town of Lovech
The Bulgarian cabinet is holding a session in the north-central town of Lovech on Saturday.
At their meeting in the local administration building, government members are to take a first-hand look at the problems Bulgaria's regions have been experiencing over the last years.
They are also to adopt initial measures against them, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski was quoted by Dnevnik.bg as saying.
Oresharski earlier announced that a series of sessions outside Sofia will be aimed at tackling local issues.
Regional development and inequality between the capital Sofia and other regions, on the one hand, and among smaller cities and towns on the other has lately been a concern in a country where most people are seeking either to move to Sofia for a job or to leave the country.
On Saturday's session of the Council of Ministers, the number of students and doctorates for 2014/2015 is also to be decided on.
Ministers are also due to look into a report on Bulgaria's ores and minerals and to adopt an implementation plan of the strategy for development of national administration for this and next year.
After the event, Prime Minister Oresharski will meet mayors of municipalities in Lovech region. He will later have talks with local business representatives.
Saturday, May 10, is a business day in Bulgaria, after the government decided to a six-day-long weekend to "merge" May Day and Army Day celebrations, which are official holidays in the country.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News