Russia Lends Belarus USD 2 B
Belarus will receive a USD 2 B loan from Russia by the end of this month, reports ITAR-TASS.
In January Belarus, who is suffering from economic downturn received a loan of USD 450 M from Russia.
The country will also sign the agreement for joining the Eurasian Economic Union after resolving a dispute with Russia over oil product duties.
“I am very much glad to talk to you on the entire complex of bilateral relations,” said Russian President Vladimir Putin at the meeting with his Belarus counterpart Alexander Lukashenko in Moscow.” I mean both economics and the social sphere. And of course a few words on our joint steps in the framework of the Customs Union and our plans to create the Eurasian Economic Union,”
"We won't block signing of this agreement. We managed to resolve issues which worried us," Lukashenko told reporters.The Eurasian Economic Union will comprise Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
A signing ceremony for the economic union is planned for May 29. Lukashenko had previously threatened to block the signing if some current restrictions in trade, including oil product duties, were not removed.
- » Former Russian Deputy Shot in Kiev
- » Belgian Police Prevent Terrorist Act in Antwerpen
- » Erdogan Accuses Bulgaria of Unacceptable Pressure on Turks Before Elections
- » Ankara Gives 11 Days Leave to Outmigrants for Bulgaria's Elections
- » ISIS Claims Responsibility for London Attack
- » Greece Not To Accept Back Refugees From Germany