Bulgarian State Railways Liability Amounts to BGN 171M - Minister
Holding Bulgarian State Railways recorded better results in Q1 on a yearly basis, Minister of Transport Danail Papazov announced, Friday.
At a meeting with representatives of non-governmental organizations, attended by Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski, Papazov stressed that the introduction of electronic systems in the company will cost about BGN 3-4M, BGNES reports.
Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) liability amounts to BGN 171M, Transport Minister said.
"In 2013 the Ministry and BDZ, along with the two subsidiaries, developed a plan for the restructuring and the financial stabilization of BDZ Holding for the period 2013-2023. The plan aims to restore their long term viability, based on realistic measures. It recognizes all long and short term measures of the Ministry. It is particularly important to understand that the crucial element for the recovery of BDZ is the renegotiation of its liability. Despite the BGN 100M reduction, there is still a huge sum left which the Holding can not pay off on time," Minister Papazov explained.
According to him, the National Railway Infrastructure Company (NRIC) is also in the process of restructuring under the operative restructuring program for the period 2011 – 2016.
"The main goal of the restructuring is to establish a sustainable financial company," Papazov said.
- » Liberalisation of Energy Market in Bulgaria Likely to Lead to Power Price Hike
- » Tourism Minister Expects 1.5 Million Russians to Visit Bulgaria in 2016
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad, Visits of Foreign Residents Rise in October
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in November
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgarians to Have Four Long Weekends in 2016