Police Report Major Drug Lab Bust in Bulgaria's Sliven
A large drug lab in Bulgaria's southeastern city of Sliven has been busted.
According to reports of local police, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), the drug lab is believed to have been functioning for six months in a privately owned house.
Two people aged 27 and 29 were arrested while producing a methamphetamine commonly referred to as "piko."
The 29-year-old person has a criminal record and has been in prison several times on charges of manufacturing and distributing drugs.
During the police operation, four buyers were arrested, who are to be included as witnesses in the upcoming proceedings.
Police seized 40 grams of methamphetamine, a transportable laboratory, and chemical substances for the production of the drugs.
The drug lab is believed to have serviced the local market.
According to calculations of the police, the value of 1 gram of methamphetamine is BGN 25, while its price tag on the market should be BGN 50-60.
A drug lab of this type produces 100 grams of "piko" a day.
The authorities launched pre-trial proceedings into the matter.
The head of the local district police directorate, Chavdar Bozhurski, informed that a total of four operations of this kind had been conducted in Sliven in 2013 and two had already been carried out in 2014.
Diana Stoeva, Deputy District Prosecutor, said that one of the suspects was to be indicted and the remand measure was to be changed to remand in custody, while the second one would only be included as a witness.
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq