Kubrat Pulev: Only Beating Klitschko Would Make Me Proud
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev admitted he is eager to fight world champion Wladimir Klitschko, but his main goal is to defeat him.
On Thursday, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) ruled that the Ukrainian champion is obliged to defend his belt against Pulev, who is currently number 1 in the ranking. Pulev is undefeated in his 20 professional bouts and has long been cherishing the opportunity to fight against Klitschko.
"I am confident I can beat Klitschko. The question is not whether I can be a worthy opponent, but whether I can beat him. Only that would make me proud and satisfied", the Bulgarian commented, cited by Gong.bg.
Despite the IBF's decision, Pulev and Klitschko's promoting companies and agents still have to agree on the fight.
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September