Kubrat Pulev: Only Beating Klitschko Would Make Me Proud
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev admitted he is eager to fight world champion Wladimir Klitschko, but his main goal is to defeat him.
On Thursday, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) ruled that the Ukrainian champion is obliged to defend his belt against Pulev, who is currently number 1 in the ranking. Pulev is undefeated in his 20 professional bouts and has long been cherishing the opportunity to fight against Klitschko.
"I am confident I can beat Klitschko. The question is not whether I can be a worthy opponent, but whether I can beat him. Only that would make me proud and satisfied", the Bulgarian commented, cited by Gong.bg.
Despite the IBF's decision, Pulev and Klitschko's promoting companies and agents still have to agree on the fight.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama
- » FIFA Approves a Tournament for Countries that did not Qualify for the World Cup