Kubrat Pulev: Only Beating Klitschko Would Make Me Proud
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev admitted he is eager to fight world champion Wladimir Klitschko, but his main goal is to defeat him.
On Thursday, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) ruled that the Ukrainian champion is obliged to defend his belt against Pulev, who is currently number 1 in the ranking. Pulev is undefeated in his 20 professional bouts and has long been cherishing the opportunity to fight against Klitschko.
"I am confident I can beat Klitschko. The question is not whether I can be a worthy opponent, but whether I can beat him. Only that would make me proud and satisfied", the Bulgarian commented, cited by Gong.bg.
Despite the IBF's decision, Pulev and Klitschko's promoting companies and agents still have to agree on the fight.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans