Kubrat Pulev: Only Beating Klitschko Would Make Me Proud
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev admitted he is eager to fight world champion Wladimir Klitschko, but his main goal is to defeat him.
On Thursday, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) ruled that the Ukrainian champion is obliged to defend his belt against Pulev, who is currently number 1 in the ranking. Pulev is undefeated in his 20 professional bouts and has long been cherishing the opportunity to fight against Klitschko.
"I am confident I can beat Klitschko. The question is not whether I can be a worthy opponent, but whether I can beat him. Only that would make me proud and satisfied", the Bulgarian commented, cited by Gong.bg.
Despite the IBF's decision, Pulev and Klitschko's promoting companies and agents still have to agree on the fight.
- » Real Madrid Arrives In Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory