Sofia Airport Welcomes Passengers with Classical Music on Europe Day
Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform for the first time in the public area of Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport on the occasion of Europe Day on 9 May.
The list of works includes compositions by Hendel, Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Maurice Ravel, Jules Massenet and "Rachenitsa" from "Thracian dances" by Bulgarian composer Petko Staynov.
Bulgaria marks on Friday the Day of Europe, also known as Schuman Day, after the historic Schuman Declaration of May 9, 1950. May 9 coincides with Victory Day, the end of World War II.
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Ralitsa Petrova's ''Bezbog" Awarded at Prestigious Sarajevo Film Fest
- » Famous Israeli Musician Idan Raichel's Show Comes to Sofia Next Month
- » Sudanese Musician Alfateh Hussain to Visit Bulgaria with His Show
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Hosting Summer Chaos Festival on Saturday