Sofia Airport Welcomes Passengers with Classical Music on Europe Day
Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform for the first time in the public area of Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport on the occasion of Europe Day on 9 May.
The list of works includes compositions by Hendel, Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Maurice Ravel, Jules Massenet and "Rachenitsa" from "Thracian dances" by Bulgarian composer Petko Staynov.
Bulgaria marks on Friday the Day of Europe, also known as Schuman Day, after the historic Schuman Declaration of May 9, 1950. May 9 coincides with Victory Day, the end of World War II.
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Bulgaria Grants USD 20 000 to Young Talents Hasan, Ibrahim