Sofia Airport Welcomes Passengers with Classical Music on Europe Day
Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform for the first time in the public area of Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport on the occasion of Europe Day on 9 May.
The list of works includes compositions by Hendel, Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Maurice Ravel, Jules Massenet and "Rachenitsa" from "Thracian dances" by Bulgarian composer Petko Staynov.
Bulgaria marks on Friday the Day of Europe, also known as Schuman Day, after the historic Schuman Declaration of May 9, 1950. May 9 coincides with Victory Day, the end of World War II.
- » Bulgarian Actress Stoyanka Mutafova Storms Guiness Book of World Records
- » Romanians in Bulgaria Mark Day of Culture
- » Bulgaria Nominates Magurata Cave to UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- » Bulgarian Cinema Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Declared Honorary Citizen of Sofia
- » Director Aleksandar Morfov Heads Bulgaria's National Theater after Quitting