Sofia Airport Welcomes Passengers with Classical Music on Europe Day
Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform for the first time in the public area of Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport on the occasion of Europe Day on 9 May.
The list of works includes compositions by Hendel, Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Maurice Ravel, Jules Massenet and "Rachenitsa" from "Thracian dances" by Bulgarian composer Petko Staynov.
Bulgaria marks on Friday the Day of Europe, also known as Schuman Day, after the historic Schuman Declaration of May 9, 1950. May 9 coincides with Victory Day, the end of World War II.
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Rozhen Folklore Fair Begins Near Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Bansko Jazz Festival to Feature Musicians from 3 Continents
- » Kyustendil Honours Famous Bulgarian Painter with Large-Scale Portrait on Square