Sofia Airport Welcomes Passengers with Classical Music on Europe Day
Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform for the first time in the public area of Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport on the occasion of Europe Day on 9 May.
The list of works includes compositions by Hendel, Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Maurice Ravel, Jules Massenet and "Rachenitsa" from "Thracian dances" by Bulgarian composer Petko Staynov.
Bulgaria marks on Friday the Day of Europe, also known as Schuman Day, after the historic Schuman Declaration of May 9, 1950. May 9 coincides with Victory Day, the end of World War II.
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon
- » Thracian Treasures Arrive in Paris's Louvre for Three-Month Exhibition