IBF: Klitschko Must Fight Pulev
The International Boxing Federation (IBF) has ruled that Ukrainian heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko must fight against Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev in his next match.
Klitschko's wish was to fight for the WBC belt in his next bout, but the IBF has ordered him to defend his title, which has not been challenged since 2012. As the current leader in the IBF rankings, Pulev automatically becomes eligible to challenge the Ukranian, Sportal.bg reported.
"The Cobra", as Pulev is nicknamed, is undefeated in his 20 professional matches, while Klitschko's last defeat is all the way back in 2004.
For the match to take place, the two fighters' promoting companies and agents must agree on the date and place within the next 14 days. Should Klitschko refuse the challenge, the IBF belt will be vacated.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015