IBF: Klitschko Must Fight Pulev
The International Boxing Federation (IBF) has ruled that Ukrainian heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko must fight against Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev in his next match.
Klitschko's wish was to fight for the WBC belt in his next bout, but the IBF has ordered him to defend his title, which has not been challenged since 2012. As the current leader in the IBF rankings, Pulev automatically becomes eligible to challenge the Ukranian, Sportal.bg reported.
"The Cobra", as Pulev is nicknamed, is undefeated in his 20 professional matches, while Klitschko's last defeat is all the way back in 2004.
For the match to take place, the two fighters' promoting companies and agents must agree on the date and place within the next 14 days. Should Klitschko refuse the challenge, the IBF belt will be vacated.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama