Grigor Dimitrov to Play Berdych in Madrid Masters
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov will face Tomas Berdych in the third round of the Madrid Masters on Thursday afternoon.
After a difficult 3-set win over Marius Copil on Wednesday, Dimitrov's task will not get any easier when he goes up against the world number 6 from Czech Republic. Perhaps one reassuring note will be the fact that Dimitrov has beaten his opponent in their previous 2 encounters. Their last meeting was in Miami in 2012, where the Bulgarian won in three sets.
A win over Berdych would put Dimitrov in the quarterfinals, where he will most likely play against the world number one Rafael Nadal, should the Spaniard beat Jarko Nieminen.
- » Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing