Grigor Dimitrov to Play Berdych in Madrid Masters
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov will face Tomas Berdych in the third round of the Madrid Masters on Thursday afternoon.
After a difficult 3-set win over Marius Copil on Wednesday, Dimitrov's task will not get any easier when he goes up against the world number 6 from Czech Republic. Perhaps one reassuring note will be the fact that Dimitrov has beaten his opponent in their previous 2 encounters. Their last meeting was in Miami in 2012, where the Bulgarian won in three sets.
A win over Berdych would put Dimitrov in the quarterfinals, where he will most likely play against the world number one Rafael Nadal, should the Spaniard beat Jarko Nieminen.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam