Ludogorets Defend Bulgarian League Title
Ludogorets Razgrad have once again become Bulgaria's football champions, for a third successive year.
Roman Bezjak scored the only goal for Ludogorets in the 10th minute for a 1:0 win against Lokomotiv Plovdiv. With their 23 wins in 36 matches, the Razgrad side have an 8-point lead over second place CSKA, which means there is no way they can be overtaken in the remaining 2 rounds.
Ludogorets becomes the first team outside the capital Sofia to win the Bulgarian league 3 consecutive seasons. Once again, Stoycho Stoev's players will begin their European journey in the summer with qualification matches for the Champions League.
Adding to their league success and impressive run in the Europa League, the team has a chance of winning one more title, the Bulgarian Cup, where they will face Botev Plovdiv in the final.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award