Ludogorets Defend Bulgarian League Title
Ludogorets Razgrad have once again become Bulgaria's football champions, for a third successive year.
Roman Bezjak scored the only goal for Ludogorets in the 10th minute for a 1:0 win against Lokomotiv Plovdiv. With their 23 wins in 36 matches, the Razgrad side have an 8-point lead over second place CSKA, which means there is no way they can be overtaken in the remaining 2 rounds.
Ludogorets becomes the first team outside the capital Sofia to win the Bulgarian league 3 consecutive seasons. Once again, Stoycho Stoev's players will begin their European journey in the summer with qualification matches for the Champions League.
Adding to their league success and impressive run in the Europa League, the team has a chance of winning one more title, the Bulgarian Cup, where they will face Botev Plovdiv in the final.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics