Six Injured After Train Collides With Truck in South Bulgaria
A passenger train has collided with a truck near the industrial zone in the city of September, South Bulgaria, Wednesday evening.
Six people have been reported injured, two women are in a critical condition after getting brain injuries. One of them, a 62-year-old passenger is in a life-threatening condition, according to local media reports.
Among the heavily injured is the truck driver who has crossed an unguarded railway crossing at red light and has collided with the passenger train on the route Sofia - Plovdiv, which was closed until late Wednesday.
Deputy Minister of Transport Anton Ginev has arrived at the scene, as well as Deputy Executive Director of Holding Bulgarian State Railways EAD Chavdar Trendafilov, head of The National Railway Infrastructure Company Milcho Lambrev, and Deputy General Director Zlatin Krumlov.
According to the chief safety inspector Biser Minchev, the truck driver has caused the crash. The prosecutor's office in Pazardzhik reported that pre-trial procedures have been launched against the driver.
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'
- » Suspect Held on Murder Charge in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey
- » CIA: Bulgarian Population is Less Than 7 Million People