President Putin, OSCE Chairman Meet to Discuss Ukraine
The OSCE's Chairman-in-Office and Swiss President Didier Burkhalter has met with Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss the situation in Ukraine.
Burkhalter reportedly acquainted President Putin with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe's proposals for resolving the tensions in Ukraine. The details of the OSCE plan have not been made available, but they are most likely similar to the points in the agreement reached in Geneva.
"I know that you have your own ideas and proposals of how to exit the crisis. We will try and analyze the situation and look for a way to exit the crisis", President Putin commented while welcoming his Swiss guest, cited by RIA Novosti.
The diplomatic efforts to resolve the Ukraine crisis continue, following bloody events over the past week, which claimed dozens of lives in several eastern cities.
- » Bulgarian FM Mitov to Meet German Counterpart Steinmeier on Berlin Visit
- » Bulgaria President: It Is Better to Have Economic Crisis than Historic Shame
- » President to Attend Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies in Poland, Czech Republic
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland Shake Hands on Cooperation Agreement Worth CHF 76 M
- » Bulgaria Continues to Back Russia Sanctions despite Disadvantages for Exporters
What a pity, what a shame for Europe and Ukraine that is...
I'm afraid that it's a bit too late now for a peaceful resolution in Ukraine. The hate, friction and history has been created and there will never be a peaceful coexistence between Ukrainian and Russian minorities in Ukraine. Judging by the violence and casualties in some of those cities gives only one possible solution to the problem, separating Ukraine in two somewhere in the middle. East with Russia, west with the EU.
(BTW I have to congratulate my Russian friends for the surprisingly good behaviour by now... one would've thought that their army would've been somewhere around Brussels waving the Russian flag already... and changing the tax system perhaps : ))