First Passenger Train to Run on Danube Bridge 2 by Weekend
The first passenger train is set to run on Danube Bridge 2 between Bulgaria and Romania on May 10, Saturday.
The news was announced by Lyudmil Dimitrov, Technical Director of the Bulgarian - Romanian Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge company, according to Bulgarian media reports.
The train will travel on a regular route from Vidin to Golentsi station, which is about 20 kilometers off the border and will provide connection to the Romanian city of Craiova.
In Bulgaria's West North city of Vidin, the train will have a connection with the train to the capital city of Sofia.
Lyudmil Dimitrov explained that the train will travel on a daily basis, however the timetables are yet to be set. He added that he expected the freight rail transport on Danube Bridge 2 to be launched faster, yet it seems that there has not been enough interest in the service.
- » Energy Watchdog Postpones Decision On Price Hike For Wednesday
- » BDZ Adds More Itineraries To Online Ticketing System
- » Bulgaria Is Most Preferred Outsourcing Destination In Europe
- » Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Struma Motorway To Be Completed in Autumn of 2015
- » Winemakers in Bulgaria Allowed to Add Sugar to Boost Alcohol Level
- » Bulgaria's Producer Price Index Posts 1% Decrease in August Y/Y