First Passenger Train to Run on Danube Bridge 2 by Weekend
The first passenger train is set to run on Danube Bridge 2 between Bulgaria and Romania on May 10, Saturday.
The news was announced by Lyudmil Dimitrov, Technical Director of the Bulgarian - Romanian Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge company, according to Bulgarian media reports.
The train will travel on a regular route from Vidin to Golentsi station, which is about 20 kilometers off the border and will provide connection to the Romanian city of Craiova.
In Bulgaria's West North city of Vidin, the train will have a connection with the train to the capital city of Sofia.
Lyudmil Dimitrov explained that the train will travel on a daily basis, however the timetables are yet to be set. He added that he expected the freight rail transport on Danube Bridge 2 to be launched faster, yet it seems that there has not been enough interest in the service.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture
- » Google Overhauls Gmail to Lure Businesses Away from Microsoft
- » Forecast: Half a Million Professionals from Third-countries will Come to Bulgaria
- » Old Buildings in the Center of Plovdiv Will be Renewed with European Funds
- » Northern Europe is Increasingly Relying on Wind Power