Bulgaria's Agriculture Ministry To Find Additional BGN 4M For Farmers
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov has called for an urgent board meeting of the State Fund Agriculture in order to provide additional BGN 4M farmers' aid, Wednesday.
"In 2014, we have approved to allocate BGN 11M to agriculture, however the decision was very controversial and swift. Indeed we have promised farmers that these funds will amount to BGN 15M," Minister Grekov said, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
"Currently, we have BGN 11M at our disposal,"he explained.
According to him, if there is no budget update, the funds can be allocated under the De Minims program, BNR reported.
Several days ago, farmers claimed they will stage protests after May 10, if the Government does not fulfill the promises it made.
"If we can guarantee the BGN 4M, we will allocate the funding, however such state aid did not exist in 2009, 2013," Minister Grekov said.
- » National Revenue Agency Boasts Increase in Rental Income Taxes
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: There Is No Agreement On South Stream Transit Fees
- » KTB Shareholders Seek Sofia Meeting to Prepare Rescue Plan
- » Concerts, Fashion Shows Attract Visitors to Mega Mall Opening in Sofia
- » Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of 'Culpable Homicide'
- » KTB Can Be Rescued Without Special Law or Public Funds, Experts Agree