Bulgarians Spent Nearly EUR 50 M in Greece Over the Long Holidays
Bulgarian tourists spent nearly EUR 50 M in Greece over the long holidays between May 1 and 6, show estimates of tourist agencies.
According to the Border Police 260 000 Bulgarians crossed the border to Greece. At least 85 000 spent more than one night in Greece.
The average sum spent by a Bulgarian tourist is EUR 400-500 for hotels, snacks, restaurant meals and souvenirs. Those who only visited Greece for a day, without staying in a hotel, spend an average of EUR 50.
The tourist agencies estimate that if the trips of Bulgarians to Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia are included, the sum would easily reach EUR 100 M.
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Number of Arrivals in All Accommodation Establishments Increased by 11.5% in January, 2018
- » More than 34 000 Albanian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2017
- » Sofia Airport with Nearly 4% Passenger Growth in February
- » Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January
- » Around 4,000 Bulgarians Take Cruises Every Year