Bulgarians Spent Nearly EUR 50 M in Greece Over the Long Holidays
Bulgarian tourists spent nearly EUR 50 M in Greece over the long holidays between May 1 and 6, show estimates of tourist agencies.
According to the Border Police 260 000 Bulgarians crossed the border to Greece. At least 85 000 spent more than one night in Greece.
The average sum spent by a Bulgarian tourist is EUR 400-500 for hotels, snacks, restaurant meals and souvenirs. Those who only visited Greece for a day, without staying in a hotel, spend an average of EUR 50.
The tourist agencies estimate that if the trips of Bulgarians to Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia are included, the sum would easily reach EUR 100 M.
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday
- » Early Bookings Show More Tourists Planning Holiday in Bulgaria This Summer
- » Ten Bulgarian Beaches, One Marina Get Blue Flag Label in 2016