Bulgarians Spent Nearly EUR 50 M in Greece Over the Long Holidays
Bulgarian tourists spent nearly EUR 50 M in Greece over the long holidays between May 1 and 6, show estimates of tourist agencies.
According to the Border Police 260 000 Bulgarians crossed the border to Greece. At least 85 000 spent more than one night in Greece.
The average sum spent by a Bulgarian tourist is EUR 400-500 for hotels, snacks, restaurant meals and souvenirs. Those who only visited Greece for a day, without staying in a hotel, spend an average of EUR 50.
The tourist agencies estimate that if the trips of Bulgarians to Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia are included, the sum would easily reach EUR 100 M.
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » It's Bohemian: Bulgaria's Plovdiv is Among World's Most Attractive Cities
- » Positive Results Noted for Bulgarian Tourism after PR Campaign
- » Bulgaria Expects 3-4% Increase in Tourist Numbers in 2015 Summer Season
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Attract Asian Tourists with Joint Product
- » Bulgaria to Promote Tourist Sites Via Global TV Channels