Bulgarians Spent Nearly EUR 50 M in Greece Over the Long Holidays
Bulgarian tourists spent nearly EUR 50 M in Greece over the long holidays between May 1 and 6, show estimates of tourist agencies.
According to the Border Police 260 000 Bulgarians crossed the border to Greece. At least 85 000 spent more than one night in Greece.
The average sum spent by a Bulgarian tourist is EUR 400-500 for hotels, snacks, restaurant meals and souvenirs. Those who only visited Greece for a day, without staying in a hotel, spend an average of EUR 50.
The tourist agencies estimate that if the trips of Bulgarians to Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia are included, the sum would easily reach EUR 100 M.
- » Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
- » Bulgaria, Romania Move to Set Up Joint Tourist Info Center in China
- » Discovery Channel Declares Bulgaria Top Tourist Destination in Europe
- » Canada Easing Visa Regime for Bulgarian Visitors from 2016
- » Minister Predicts 50% Increase in Air Traffic over Bulgaria after Launch of Istanbul New Airport
- » Bulgaria, Romania Plan Opening Joint Tourist Centre in China