Bulgarians Spent Nearly EUR 50 M in Greece Over the Long Holidays
Bulgarian tourists spent nearly EUR 50 M in Greece over the long holidays between May 1 and 6, show estimates of tourist agencies.
According to the Border Police 260 000 Bulgarians crossed the border to Greece. At least 85 000 spent more than one night in Greece.
The average sum spent by a Bulgarian tourist is EUR 400-500 for hotels, snacks, restaurant meals and souvenirs. Those who only visited Greece for a day, without staying in a hotel, spend an average of EUR 50.
The tourist agencies estimate that if the trips of Bulgarians to Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia are included, the sum would easily reach EUR 100 M.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 16.8 % Y/Y in May
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister Expects 10 % Increase in Tourist Numbers This Summer
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast