Bulgarians' Savings Exceed BGN 40 B
The savings deposits of Bulgarian households reached BGN 40.3 B in the end of Q1 2014, shows data of the central bank (BNB).
In the same period the total sum increased by BGN 1 B, half of which was from the interest rates.
The sum of the households' savings is nearly half of Bulgaria's GDP, which this year is supposed to be BGN 81.6 B.
The total sum of private and company bank deposits is BGN 63.4 B, by BGN 6 B more than the sum of credits.
- » Bulgaria's Outgoing PM Downplays Budget Update Affair
- » Socialist MP Backs Faster Deposit Repayment for Supervised Banks
- » Moody’s Cuts Bulgarian Corpbank’s Deposit Ratings
- » Bulgaria's GERB Withdraws Support from State Budget Overhaul
- » Bulgarian President Welcomes Updates to State Budget, Health Fund
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Agree to Update State Budget