Meet Dusan, Incredibly Talented Young Artist Eager to Become Zoologist
Meet 11-year-old prodigy artist Dusan Krtolica.
He was born on June 25, 2002 in Belgrade, now he is a student at the 'Laza Kostic' school in Serbia's capital.
"When I was two years old, my parents noticed that I draw nicely," Dusan says.
According to Dusan's parents, as cited by Serbian daily Vecernje novosti, at the age of two and a half Dusan was using up some 500 sheets of paper a week for his drawings.
He says he only uses pen or pencil for drawing.
Dusan shares that he likes to rely on his imagination for his drawings but he sometimes finds the sources for his pictures on the computer.
Despite his amazing talent, he's more into biology than into arts.
"Biology is my favorite class. I want to be a zoologist, drawing will be my hobby," the young artist says.
The fifth-grader points out that he has lots of friends at school and they often ask him to make them marker tattoos of animals.
He has had four solo exhibitions and has prepared the illustrations for several books.
The boy boasts remarkable memory, an eye for detail, emotional intelligence and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. He eagerly devours his new encyclopedias with animals and dinosaurs – it takes a few weeks' time until he knows the contents by heart.
"Now I am writing an encyclopedia of prehistoric times that I want to illustrate," the boy adds.
Best of luck, Dusan! Keep the explorer spirit!
- » Ten Blunders of Bulgarian Politicians Worth Remembering in 2014
- » Top 7 Visual Moments of Bulgaria's 2014 Election Campaign
- » Who Will Take Over from Sergey Stanishev as Socialist Party Chief?
- » Timeline of Oresharski's Cabinet: A Government in Constant Jeopardy
- » Are the BRICS Putting Up a Defensive Wall?
- » Novinite's Blueprint for a Bulgarian Caretaker Government