Ukrainian Party of Regions Demands Turchynov’s Resignation
Ukraine’s Party of Regions has demanded the resignation of the acting President, Interior Minister, and head of Security Services over the events in Odessa.
"The faction of the Party of Regions believes that acting Commander-in-Chief Mr. Turchynov, Interior Minister Avakov and SBU head Nalyvaichenko are personally and fully responsible for the punitive operation in eastern Ukraine and the deaths of people who were burned alive in Odessa. We demand the immediate resignation of these three officials”, Party of Regions MP Mykola Levchenko said, quoted by Interfax.
Also on Tuesday, President Turchynov dismissed the head of Odessa’s regional administration, Volodymyr Nemyrovsky. Igor Palytsia replaces him on the position.
The clashes in Odessa on May 2 led to the death of 46 people, while many more are still unaccounted for. The interim government in Kiev has often been blamed for being unprepared to deal with the escalating tensions around the country, while the authorities accuse pro-Russian forces of destabilizing eastern Ukraine.
- » Gunfight Between Security Forces, Armed Group Kills at Least 43 in Mexico
- » IS Claims Responsibility for Suicide Attack on Shiite Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services
- » At Least 30 Casualties as Suicide Bomber Targets Shia Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Kristalina Georgieva Appointed Co-Chair to UN Humanitarian Financing Panel
- » David Cameron Vows to Seize Pay of Illegal Migrants Working in UK
I can't believe what I see. Look at him-he is the president? he looks like a Gangster. Where is the dress code for representative of a country? and specially in the office given to him by the people/not in his case, he is a puppy serving the Banksters interests like IMF. Is he a comedian? I have sympathy for the Ukrainian people and a warning-Fight for your freedom social, political, economic and religious! In EU you will be enslaved! Look at Greece, Italy, Spain-22% unemployment. This is your future if you join the EU! They are the new European Mafia ! They need you, your recourses! YOU DON'T NEED THEM! May God help you!