Monaco Set to Offer Berbatov New Contract
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov could sign an extension on his contract in Monaco by the end of this week.
The former Manchester United player arrived in the French League 1 side in January, playing a key part in many of the team’s wins, following the injury of Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev is expected to arrive in Monaco in the following days to conclude negotiations on the new contract with the club, French media report cited by Gong.bg.
The only possible hurdle to a new deal may be the Bulgarian’s desire to sign for 2 years, while it is believed the club would prefer to offer him a 1-year extension.
Berbatov is approaching the end of his career at the age of 33, but his experience has proved invaluable for Monaco this season.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Seeks Recovery at Madrid Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final