Monaco Set to Offer Berbatov New Contract
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov could sign an extension on his contract in Monaco by the end of this week.
The former Manchester United player arrived in the French League 1 side in January, playing a key part in many of the team’s wins, following the injury of Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev is expected to arrive in Monaco in the following days to conclude negotiations on the new contract with the club, French media report cited by Gong.bg.
The only possible hurdle to a new deal may be the Bulgarian’s desire to sign for 2 years, while it is believed the club would prefer to offer him a 1-year extension.
Berbatov is approaching the end of his career at the age of 33, but his experience has proved invaluable for Monaco this season.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans