Monaco Set to Offer Berbatov New Contract
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov could sign an extension on his contract in Monaco by the end of this week.
The former Manchester United player arrived in the French League 1 side in January, playing a key part in many of the team’s wins, following the injury of Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev is expected to arrive in Monaco in the following days to conclude negotiations on the new contract with the club, French media report cited by Gong.bg.
The only possible hurdle to a new deal may be the Bulgarian’s desire to sign for 2 years, while it is believed the club would prefer to offer him a 1-year extension.
Berbatov is approaching the end of his career at the age of 33, but his experience has proved invaluable for Monaco this season.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round