Italy Confirms South Stream Gas Pipeline as Priority Project
Italy's Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio de Vincenti has confirmed the priority status of the South Stream gas pipeline project.
Speaking at a press conference on energy security, he noted that Italy was trying to act as a mediator to help resolve the disputes surrounding the project and its compliance with the EU's Third Energy Package in exchange for a number of concessions to the benefit of Russia, according to reports of ITAR-TASS, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Italy's ENI is a key partner of Russian gas giant Gazprom in the South Stream gas pipeline project. The conduit is to carry gas supplies to Italy too.
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness