Italy Confirms South Stream Gas Pipeline as Priority Project
Italy's Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio de Vincenti has confirmed the priority status of the South Stream gas pipeline project.
Speaking at a press conference on energy security, he noted that Italy was trying to act as a mediator to help resolve the disputes surrounding the project and its compliance with the EU's Third Energy Package in exchange for a number of concessions to the benefit of Russia, according to reports of ITAR-TASS, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Italy's ENI is a key partner of Russian gas giant Gazprom in the South Stream gas pipeline project. The conduit is to carry gas supplies to Italy too.
- » Bulgarian Parliament To Vote On State Loan To NEC
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talks With Russian President Putin
- » CEZ Calls For Creation of Vulneravble Consumers Fund Via Stricter Sanctions For Electricity Theft
- » Bulgarian Energy, Water Regulator Proposes 2% Increase in Natural Gas Price
- » Cyprus Eyes Bulgaria as Part of Plans to Transit Gas to Europe
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Chairman: No Problems Expected Concerning EC Approval of NEC Loan