Italy Confirms South Stream Gas Pipeline as Priority Project
Italy's Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio de Vincenti has confirmed the priority status of the South Stream gas pipeline project.
Speaking at a press conference on energy security, he noted that Italy was trying to act as a mediator to help resolve the disputes surrounding the project and its compliance with the EU's Third Energy Package in exchange for a number of concessions to the benefit of Russia, according to reports of ITAR-TASS, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Italy's ENI is a key partner of Russian gas giant Gazprom in the South Stream gas pipeline project. The conduit is to carry gas supplies to Italy too.
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Revoke 20% Fee on Solar, Wind Power
- » Ukraine Demands Changes to Gas Transit Deal with Russia
- » Bulgarian South Stream Section Issued Positive EIA Report
- » Westinghouse CEO Arrives in Bulgaria
- » EC Initiates Gas Supply Talks between Oettinger, Novak
- » Montenegro 'Interested' in South Stream Pipeline - EconMin