Italy Confirms South Stream Gas Pipeline as Priority Project
Italy's Deputy Minister for Economic Development Claudio de Vincenti has confirmed the priority status of the South Stream gas pipeline project.
Speaking at a press conference on energy security, he noted that Italy was trying to act as a mediator to help resolve the disputes surrounding the project and its compliance with the EU's Third Energy Package in exchange for a number of concessions to the benefit of Russia, according to reports of ITAR-TASS, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
Italy's ENI is a key partner of Russian gas giant Gazprom in the South Stream gas pipeline project. The conduit is to carry gas supplies to Italy too.
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria Decides to Set up Energy Board
- » NEK Hikes Power Prices For Some Companies
- » Russia Energy Minister, EU Energy Commissioner to Discuss South Stream
- » Power Rate Hike Will Not Affect Big Enterprises in Bulgaria – Expert
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding 'Awaiting BGN 1.45 B' from Subsidiaries