Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for 2nd Round in Madrid
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov opened the Madrid Masters with a firm 6:2, 6:4 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta.
Despite falling behind with an early break, Dimitrov recovered quickly and left no chances for the Spaniard, taking care of matters in just an hour and ten minutes.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face Romania’s Marius Copil. The Madrid Masters is particularly special for Dimitrov as this is the venue where he defeated the number one at the time Novak Djokovic last year. The Serbian is missing this year’s edition due to an injury.
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday