Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for 2nd Round in Madrid
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov opened the Madrid Masters with a firm 6:2, 6:4 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta.
Despite falling behind with an early break, Dimitrov recovered quickly and left no chances for the Spaniard, taking care of matters in just an hour and ten minutes.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face Romania’s Marius Copil. The Madrid Masters is particularly special for Dimitrov as this is the venue where he defeated the number one at the time Novak Djokovic last year. The Serbian is missing this year’s edition due to an injury.
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training