Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for 2nd Round in Madrid
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov opened the Madrid Masters with a firm 6:2, 6:4 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta.
Despite falling behind with an early break, Dimitrov recovered quickly and left no chances for the Spaniard, taking care of matters in just an hour and ten minutes.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face Romania’s Marius Copil. The Madrid Masters is particularly special for Dimitrov as this is the venue where he defeated the number one at the time Novak Djokovic last year. The Serbian is missing this year’s edition due to an injury.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier