Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for 2nd Round in Madrid
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov opened the Madrid Masters with a firm 6:2, 6:4 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta.
Despite falling behind with an early break, Dimitrov recovered quickly and left no chances for the Spaniard, taking care of matters in just an hour and ten minutes.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face Romania’s Marius Copil. The Madrid Masters is particularly special for Dimitrov as this is the venue where he defeated the number one at the time Novak Djokovic last year. The Serbian is missing this year’s edition due to an injury.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal