Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for 2nd Round in Madrid
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov opened the Madrid Masters with a firm 6:2, 6:4 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta.
Despite falling behind with an early break, Dimitrov recovered quickly and left no chances for the Spaniard, taking care of matters in just an hour and ten minutes.
In the second round, the Bulgarian will face Romania’s Marius Copil. The Madrid Masters is particularly special for Dimitrov as this is the venue where he defeated the number one at the time Novak Djokovic last year. The Serbian is missing this year’s edition due to an injury.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal