Russian Human Rights Council Ready to Assist OSCE Observers
Russia's Presidential Council on Civil Society and Human Rights is ready to partner with international organizations to monitor the situation in Ukraine.
"The council urges inter-governmental structures, primarily the OSCE and the UN to take all efforts to organise talks between conflicting parties in the country. The council is prepared to be a partner of the OSCE observer mission in this process which is vitally needed for Ukraine, Russia and Europe in general", the Russian state body wrote in an official statement cited by ITAR-TASS.
The Human Rights Council urged both sides in the conflict to refrain from using force and allow for peaceful negotiations to take place.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y