Russian Human Rights Council Ready to Assist OSCE Observers
Russia's Presidential Council on Civil Society and Human Rights is ready to partner with international organizations to monitor the situation in Ukraine.
"The council urges inter-governmental structures, primarily the OSCE and the UN to take all efforts to organise talks between conflicting parties in the country. The council is prepared to be a partner of the OSCE observer mission in this process which is vitally needed for Ukraine, Russia and Europe in general", the Russian state body wrote in an official statement cited by ITAR-TASS.
The Human Rights Council urged both sides in the conflict to refrain from using force and allow for peaceful negotiations to take place.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam