11 Missing after Ships Collide Off Hong Kong
At least 11 crew members were reported missing after a cargo vessel and a container ship collided in waters near Hong Kong, Monday.
The cargo ship is reported to have sunk with its 12-member crew on board. One man was rescued by a fishing boat following the accident, which occured before dawn Monday in international waters just south of Hong Kong, the BBC news reports.
Chinese officials are now conducting a search and rescue operation. One helicopter and eight marine and fire department boats from Hong Kong are helping with the search.
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People