11 Missing after Ships Collide Off Hong Kong
At least 11 crew members were reported missing after a cargo vessel and a container ship collided in waters near Hong Kong, Monday.
The cargo ship is reported to have sunk with its 12-member crew on board. One man was rescued by a fishing boat following the accident, which occured before dawn Monday in international waters just south of Hong Kong, the BBC news reports.
Chinese officials are now conducting a search and rescue operation. One helicopter and eight marine and fire department boats from Hong Kong are helping with the search.
- » Thousands Join NY Climate March Ahead of UN Climate Summit
- » Kiev to Set Up Fund to Restore Ukraine's East
- » Pope Francis Praises Albania for Religious Harmony during 11-hour Visit
- » 5.3-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Western Greece
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot