11 Missing after Ships Collide Off Hong Kong
At least 11 crew members were reported missing after a cargo vessel and a container ship collided in waters near Hong Kong, Monday.
The cargo ship is reported to have sunk with its 12-member crew on board. One man was rescued by a fishing boat following the accident, which occured before dawn Monday in international waters just south of Hong Kong, the BBC news reports.
Chinese officials are now conducting a search and rescue operation. One helicopter and eight marine and fire department boats from Hong Kong are helping with the search.
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel for Turkish Citizens from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service
- » German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber