11 Missing after Ships Collide Off Hong Kong
At least 11 crew members were reported missing after a cargo vessel and a container ship collided in waters near Hong Kong, Monday.
The cargo ship is reported to have sunk with its 12-member crew on board. One man was rescued by a fishing boat following the accident, which occured before dawn Monday in international waters just south of Hong Kong, the BBC news reports.
Chinese officials are now conducting a search and rescue operation. One helicopter and eight marine and fire department boats from Hong Kong are helping with the search.
- » At the End of 2017, China's Population Grew to 1.39 billion
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
- » Syrian Government to Attend U.N. Talks in Vienna: U.N. Deputy Envoy
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe
- » The EU and Turkey are Preparing a Summit in Late March
- » Private Armies will be Legalized in Russia