11 Missing after Ships Collide Off Hong Kong
At least 11 crew members were reported missing after a cargo vessel and a container ship collided in waters near Hong Kong, Monday.
The cargo ship is reported to have sunk with its 12-member crew on board. One man was rescued by a fishing boat following the accident, which occured before dawn Monday in international waters just south of Hong Kong, the BBC news reports.
Chinese officials are now conducting a search and rescue operation. One helicopter and eight marine and fire department boats from Hong Kong are helping with the search.
- » Police Searches House of Germanwings Co-Pilot
- » Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
- » Bulgarian Workers Are Safe as Situation in Chile Normalises
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Deliberately Crashed Plane
- » At Least 17 'Killed' in Saudi Arabia-Led Military Offensive in Yemen
- » Romanian Parliament Votes Approval for Former FinMin's Arrest