140 000 Bulgarians Spend May 1-6 6-Day Holiday Abroad
The forecast of some 340 000 Bulgarians traveling across the country and around 140 000 Bulgarians going abroad for the six-day holiday around St. George's day has proven accurate.
Rumen Draganov from the Institute for Analysis and Assessment in Tourism announced Sunday in an interview for the Focus news agency that the unfavorable weather conditions had not had a negative impact on the anticipated travels both within and outside the country in the period May 1- 6.
He reminded that in 2013, when there had been 6 days off around Easter, some 90 000 vehicles carrying 290 000 passengers had crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border.
Draganov added Sunday that some 80 000 vehicles had crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border in both directions so far, claiming that 2013 figures could be exceeded by Tuesday thanks to the increased intensity of traffic at the Makaza Pass.
- » Price Cuts at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Resorts Reach 50% in September
- » Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
- » Bulgarians Spend Their Summer Vacation in London, Barcelona
- » Another Russian Tour Operator Goes Out of Business
- » Inspections Find Violations at 1 out of 7 Bulgarian Beaches