Eurovision Song Contest Kicks Off without Bulgarian Entry
The international song contest Eurovision 2014 starts Sunday evening in Copenhagen without Bulgaria's participation.
The official opening ceremony is to be held in City Hall Square in Copenhagen.
Despite substantial efforts to overcome financial and organizational difficulties with a number of participants, Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Serbia gave up on Eurovision, according to reports of Sega daily.
Croatia will not take part in Eurovision 2014 due to organizational problems.
Bosnia and Herzegovina will also not be represented by any performer in the song contest.
A number of countries, however, have announced plans to join the 2015 edition of the contest, when Eurovision celebrates its 60th anniversary.
This year's edition of Eurovision brings together 37 performers from 37 countries.
The motto of the 59th Eurovision contest is JoinUs.
The two semi-finals will be held on May 6 and May 8 and the final on May 10.
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » International Forum "Opera Europe" - 22 - 24 March 2018
- » Bulgaria will Participate with a Band at the Eurovision (Video)
- » The National Gallery at the Age of 70
- » 22nd Sofia International Film Festival 7-18-29 March 2018
- » The Underground Youth Live in Sofia