Deliberate Attack against Bulgarian Culture Center in Odessa Ruled Out
The Bulgarian cultural center in Odessa has not been the target of a deliberate attack, according to a media statement of the Foreign Ministry.
The statement comes in response to media publications informing of damages to the All-Ukrainian Center for Bulgarian Culture in Odessa.
The building suffered petty damage due to its vicinity to the site of the clashes on the night of May 2nd.
Nobody at the All-Ukrainian Center for Bulgarian Culture in Odessa was injured.
The diplomatic representations of Bulgaria in Ukraine stay in constant touch with the local authorities and the representatives of Bulgarian organizations in the country, according to the statement.
The clashes between pro-Ukrainian and pro-Russian groups in Odessa on May 2 resulted in a death toll of over 40 and more than 174 injured. Most of the victims died in a fire at the Trade Unions House building.
The city of Odessa is holding three days of mourning in honor of those who lost their lives in the clashes.
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » One Pupil Injured After Being Stabbed by Schoolmate in Sofia
- » Rescuers in Bulgaria's Plovdiv Continue to Search Maritsa River for Missing Young Man
- » Cultural Heritage House Collapses in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo