Bulgarian Folk Costumes Worn in 2014 Seychelles International Carnival
Bulgarian folk costumes were worn for the first time in the 2014 Seychelles International Carnival of Victoria.
PR expert Maxim Behar, Honorary Consul of Republic of Seychelles to Bulgaria, and two Seychelles children wore Bulgarian folk costumes during a parade before a crowd of some 25 000 people.
"We believe that the Seychelles International Carnival of Victoria is now among the five best carnivals in the world and we are pleased to greet the Bulgarians, as well as all international participants in it"said Alain St Ange, Minister of Tourism of the Seychelles .
Apart from Maxim Behar, there were two children wearing Bulgarian traditional costumes – 6-year-old Martina, the daughter of Bulgarian Mladen Gergov and his wife, a Seychelles citizen, and 9-year-old Steven.
Mladen Gergov is in charge of customer relations of the Maia Luxury Resort & Spa hotel on the Mahe island and in his spare time he acts as a coach of the Seychelles national football team.
The third participant in the carnival to wear a Bulgarian folk costume, 9-year-old Steven, is Gergov's neighbor kid and a player in the youth football team of the Seychelles.
As the three representatives of Bulgaria passed on a special platform, they were greeted by Seychelles President James Alix Michel, who took pictures of them with his mobile phone.
- » Egypt Sends Submarine to Find Missing Flight MS804’s Black Boxes
- » No Injuries, Damage Reported after Earthquake near Bulgaria’s Sandanski
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » German Report Warns Migrant Inflow 'Being Channelled Through Bulgaria'
- » More Than 1100 Applied for Protection in Bulgaria in April
- » Egyptian Military Find Wreckage from Missing Flight MS804