Bulgarian Folk Costumes Worn in 2014 Seychelles International Carnival
Bulgarian folk costumes were worn for the first time in the 2014 Seychelles International Carnival of Victoria.
PR expert Maxim Behar, Honorary Consul of Republic of Seychelles to Bulgaria, and two Seychelles children wore Bulgarian folk costumes during a parade before a crowd of some 25 000 people.
"We believe that the Seychelles International Carnival of Victoria is now among the five best carnivals in the world and we are pleased to greet the Bulgarians, as well as all international participants in it"said Alain St Ange, Minister of Tourism of the Seychelles .
Apart from Maxim Behar, there were two children wearing Bulgarian traditional costumes – 6-year-old Martina, the daughter of Bulgarian Mladen Gergov and his wife, a Seychelles citizen, and 9-year-old Steven.
Mladen Gergov is in charge of customer relations of the Maia Luxury Resort & Spa hotel on the Mahe island and in his spare time he acts as a coach of the Seychelles national football team.
The third participant in the carnival to wear a Bulgarian folk costume, 9-year-old Steven, is Gergov's neighbor kid and a player in the youth football team of the Seychelles.
As the three representatives of Bulgaria passed on a special platform, they were greeted by Seychelles President James Alix Michel, who took pictures of them with his mobile phone.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Argentine Legally Changes Gender to Retire Early
- » Explosion at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic Killed at Least Six People
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » Experts Forecast Total Change on the Job Market around 2030
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease