Rosen Plevneliev Expresses Condolences for Ukraine’s Odessa Victims
Bulgarian head of state Rosen Plevneliev sent a telegram of condolence to the acting president of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov over the victims of clashes in Odessa, Saturday.
"I strongly condemn any act of violence that threatens peace and leads to acts of brutality and casualties," President Plevneliev stated in the telegram, the President’s press center reported.
"On my behalf and on behalf of the Bulgarian people, please accept our deepest condolences for the dozens of citizens who died during the tragic events in Odessa. I would like to assure you of my deep sympathy with the grief of the relatives of the victims and the people of Ukraine. I'm sure a tragedy of this magnitude is a heavy blow to every nation and every society," President Plevneliev stated and wished a quick recovery to the injured in the clashes.
He called on the parties involved in the conflict to refrain from provocations and work for the restoration of law and order in the name of peace and security of citizens both in Odessa and in the country.
"I would like to take this opportunity to again express my solidarity with the Ukrainian society and I believe that the people of Ukraine will choose the path of development throughfair and democratic elections," President Rosen Plevneliev stated.
At least 46 people were killed and hundreds were injured during severe clashes between pro-Russian activists and Maidan supporters followed by a fire in an administrative building in the Ukrainian city of Odessa, Friday.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Discussing Energy Projects, Sanctions Policy on Washington Visit
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Starts U.S. Visit with Meetings on Energy, Trade
Radicals shooting at people in Odessa’s burning building caught on tape
Plevniev is a dirty lapdog, he avoids laying blame on the people that set the building on fire and tlhose who support them (Kiev). Plevniev, you do NOT represent Bulgarians, you are just a slut obeying your western masters, you are a complete disgrace, you would sell out the country to Turkey if Washington told you to and you would somehow try to justify it.