GERB Invites Socialist Leader Stanishev to EU Elections Debate
Bulgaria’s center-right GERB party MEP candidate Tomislav Donchev has invited socialist MEP candidate Sergei Stanishev to a political debate within the current election campaign.
"The leaders of the two major parties in Bulgaria have not yet entered into a direct debate which will inform voters of our main ideas in terms of the governing philosophies of Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) and the European People’s Party on the one hand, and Bulgaria’s Socialist Party (BSP) and the Party of the European Socialists (PES) on the other,” Donchev has said in an open letter to Sergei Stanishev, Bulgarian Dnevnik reports.
"I am certain that voters will be able to make an informed choice only after we, the candidates for the European Parliament, speak openly of our main priorities and policies which we will follow as we take our seats in Brussels and Strasbourg, " Donchev added.
Meanwhile, Sergei Stanishev said he was positive that the results on the upcoming EP elections will not lead to early parliamentary elections.
When asked whether he was a more successful Prime Minister than the current PM Plamen Oresharski, Stanishev told Bulgarian private TV station BTv that it was not a matter of competition and that he admired Oresharski “for doing his job during harder times”.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President