Clashes between Rival Rallies in Ukraine's Odessa Leave 4 Dead
At least four people died in southern Ukraine's city of Odessa in clashes between pro-Russian activists and Maidan supporters on Friday.
An unknown people were injured, but according to UNIAN news agency at least three police members were among them.
Smoke grenades and Molotov cocktails were hurled between the two groups, and shots were heard in downtown Odessa as the rival rallies met, according to local Ukrainian media.
Russia's RT channel claims over 2000 protesters took part in the incident. Football club members were reportedly among the participants in clashes.
Odessa, the third-largest city in Ukraine, is also home to a vast part of the country's 200 000-strong Bulgarian minority.
Situated in Ukraine's south-west on the Black Sea coast, it has not taken an active part in recent unrest, despite a reported significant number of federalization supporters.
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services
- » At Least 30 Casualties as Suicide Bomber Targets Shia Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Kristalina Georgieva Appointed Co-Chair to UN Humanitarian Financing Panel
- » David Cameron Vows to Seize Pay of Illegal Migrants Working in UK
- » Bulgaria, Italy Agree to Deepen Cooperation in Dealing with Migratory Pressure
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Dismisses Speculation of Partitioning
31 people get burned to death by Kiev right sector maidan nazi thugs, ofc west either ignores it or blames the Russian victims on Russia.
It's sad how such once was beautiful country is now completely teared apart thanks to the americans... If god exists, my prayers go to Ukraine that one day situation will be peacefull for all of its people. Whether it will be Ukraine, Russia, or split.
Politics is disgusting sometimes.