Metro Line To Sofia Airport to Be Ready By Beginning of 2015
The extensions of the Sofia metro lines are 75% ready, CEO of Sofia Metropolitan company Stoyan Bratoev told bTV national channel.
The line to the Sofia Airport will be operational in the beginning of 2015. The work on the metro station there has already started.
Bratoev said he expects that the extension of the first metro line to the airport would carry additional 60 000 passengers daily.
The extension from the Mladost residential district to the Business Park district is also nearly completed.
Currently the Sofia metro has two lines with 27 stations and carries around 320 000 passengers daily.
The construction of the third line is yet to start in the near future.
- » Three Injured After Mass Fight Between Migrants in Sofia
- » Heavy Traffic Expected Across Bulgaria as Long Weekend Comes to End
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Day of Education, Culture, Slavonic Alphabet
- » Egypt Sends Submarine to Find Missing Flight MS804’s Black Boxes
- » No Injuries, Damage Reported after Earthquake near Bulgaria’s Sandanski
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria