Metro Line To Sofia Airport to Be Ready By Beginning of 2015
The extensions of the Sofia metro lines are 75% ready, CEO of Sofia Metropolitan company Stoyan Bratoev told bTV national channel.
The line to the Sofia Airport will be operational in the beginning of 2015. The work on the metro station there has already started.
Bratoev said he expects that the extension of the first metro line to the airport would carry additional 60 000 passengers daily.
The extension from the Mladost residential district to the Business Park district is also nearly completed.
Currently the Sofia metro has two lines with 27 stations and carries around 320 000 passengers daily.
The construction of the third line is yet to start in the near future.
- » Drunk Driving Rate in Bulgaria at 2.5%, Police Operation Reveals
- » Photo Project Tells Stories of 'Foreigners who Made Bulgaria Their Home
- » Wildfire Near Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Contained
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister to Cut Ribbon on Waste Management System in Vidin
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest