Carlos Slim To Own Bulgaria's Mtel
The second richest man in the world, Carlos Slim, would soon own Bulgaria’s largest telecom – Mtel, report Bulgarian-language media.
According to the reports, the company of the Mexican tycoon Carso Global Telecom, has filed a request with Bulgaria's competition watchdog a request to acquire Telekom Austria, which owns Mtel.
Slim, whose fortune is estimated at USD 70.8 B, must get the approval for the deal in all countries in which Telekom Austria operates – Bulgaria, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Belorussia and Lichtenstein.
Carso Global Telecom is registered in the Netherlands and is 100% owned by America Movil, owned by Slim.
Last week America Movil got the permission of the Austrian government to gain control of Telekom Austria by increasing its capital by EUR 1 B. Until recently the telecom's majority owner was the Austrian government and Slim had a 21% stake.
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Bulgaria Says China Proposing to Invest USD 100 M in Car Wheel Plant in Ruse
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-May Current Account Balance Turns to Surplus
- » Bulgaria to Pay Debts to 2 Airports Put Up for Concession