Carlos Slim To Own Bulgaria's Mtel
The second richest man in the world, Carlos Slim, would soon own Bulgaria’s largest telecom – Mtel, report Bulgarian-language media.
According to the reports, the company of the Mexican tycoon Carso Global Telecom, has filed a request with Bulgaria's competition watchdog a request to acquire Telekom Austria, which owns Mtel.
Slim, whose fortune is estimated at USD 70.8 B, must get the approval for the deal in all countries in which Telekom Austria operates – Bulgaria, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Belorussia and Lichtenstein.
Carso Global Telecom is registered in the Netherlands and is 100% owned by America Movil, owned by Slim.
Last week America Movil got the permission of the Austrian government to gain control of Telekom Austria by increasing its capital by EUR 1 B. Until recently the telecom's majority owner was the Austrian government and Slim had a 21% stake.
- » Russian Gas Pipeline To Greece Might Pass Through Bulgaria - Alexander Novak
- » Online Store to Appeal Fine Imposed by Bulgaria's Competition Regulator
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Online Store Owner
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Bulgaria's Ex-President Backs Russian Pipeline via Country
- » Bulgaria's Fibank Repays BGN 1.2 B State Aid