Carlos Slim To Own Bulgaria's Mtel
The second richest man in the world, Carlos Slim, would soon own Bulgaria’s largest telecom – Mtel, report Bulgarian-language media.
According to the reports, the company of the Mexican tycoon Carso Global Telecom, has filed a request with Bulgaria's competition watchdog a request to acquire Telekom Austria, which owns Mtel.
Slim, whose fortune is estimated at USD 70.8 B, must get the approval for the deal in all countries in which Telekom Austria operates – Bulgaria, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Belorussia and Lichtenstein.
Carso Global Telecom is registered in the Netherlands and is 100% owned by America Movil, owned by Slim.
Last week America Movil got the permission of the Austrian government to gain control of Telekom Austria by increasing its capital by EUR 1 B. Until recently the telecom's majority owner was the Austrian government and Slim had a 21% stake.
- » Moldpres: These are the new Moldova Ambassadors to France and the USA
- » F-16 Thunderbird plane crashes at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base ahead of air show
- » Professor Plame Pavlov, historian: Macedonia can’t exist without Bulgaria, and Bulgaria can’t exist without Macedonia – they are two part of one whole.
- » General Kircho Kirov: The condition of the Bulgarian Special forces and Army is very disturbing
- » Shells from Syria fall in Golan Heights
- » Dozens of families in Camden tower blocks refuse to leave