Ukraine's Special Forces to Storm Occupied Buildings
Ukrainian special forces will storm seized buildings and checkpoints set up by pro-Russian rebels on May 2, the country's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said Thursday.
Reports cited by RIA Novosti also reveal that Valentin Nalivaychenko, head of the special forces, will take the lead of the so-called "anti-terrorist" operation, which was previously assigned to Avakov.
May 2's activities against separatists are to take place mainly in Luhansk, and RIA Novosti's sources claim Kiev has ordered that control over the region be regained by May 3 "at any cost".
The information was not immediately confirmed by Ukraine's authorities.
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
- » Eurogroup to Halt Talks with Greece until Bailout Referendum
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports
- » Defiant Tsipras Urges Greeks to Vote ‘No’ in Bailout Referendum