Ukraine's Special Forces to Storm Occupied Buildings
Ukrainian special forces will storm seized buildings and checkpoints set up by pro-Russian rebels on May 2, the country's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said Thursday.
Reports cited by RIA Novosti also reveal that Valentin Nalivaychenko, head of the special forces, will take the lead of the so-called "anti-terrorist" operation, which was previously assigned to Avakov.
May 2's activities against separatists are to take place mainly in Luhansk, and RIA Novosti's sources claim Kiev has ordered that control over the region be regained by May 3 "at any cost".
The information was not immediately confirmed by Ukraine's authorities.
- » Turkey's Military Operation in Syria To Concentrate on Raqqa
- » Think-Tank Distances Itself from Investigation into EU's Georgieva
- » Belgium Agrees to EU-Canada Trade Deal
- » No Reports of Injured Bulgarians in Italy Quakes - Ambassador
- » Greek Money 'Boosts Bulgarian, Romanian Banks'
- » Strong Quakes Hit Central Italy