Two Men Broke Out of Sofia Jail
Two men – one sentenced murderer and one accused of robbery, car theft and illegal possession of firearms – broke out of the Central Sofia Jail on Wednesday.
The murderer, Nikolai Nikolov, a Bulgarian citizen, serving a 20-year sentence and the Guatemalan Jose Martinez, due to appear in court, are put on the national wanted list.
The authorities are yet to establish how the two managed to break out of the jail.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year