Bulgaria’s Budget Has BGN 874 M Deficit
Bulgaria’s state budget accumulated BGN 874 M deficit in Q1 2014.
According to estimates, this is about one half of the calculated deficit of BGN 1.5 B for the entire year.
It is by BGN 76 M more than in Q1 of 2013 and, according to the Finance Ministry, was due to increased expenses for pensions and European programs.
At the same time, the fiscal reserve as of end of Q1 2014, has reached BGN 5.9 B. For comparison, in the same period of 2013, it was BGN 4.2 B.
- » Bulgaria C-Bank to Unveil Supervision Boosting Measures by End-September
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Endorses Proposed C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria MPs to Vote on Appointment of C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria’s May Gross Foreign Debt Down 4% from 2014
- » Banking Supervision in Bulgaria 'Not Strictly Applied' in Past Years