Constriction Violations Committed at Bansko Ski Resort
The company managing Bansko's ski resort committed construction violations when building its infrastructure, but no sanctions are to follow due to expired prescription.
Conclusions quoted above were part of the answers that Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters gave to an inquiry by environmental groups made in March, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
In February it was confirmed that Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Prosecution had "doubts of construction violations" in the Bansko ski resort involving the building of three ski pistes, two lifts, a water reservoir and several service buildings.
They have exceeded by 65 hectares the territory they are allowed to use under their construction contract and apart from that violate nature protection laws.
The authorities however did not report their final conclusions on the matter.
Environment Ministry officials now argue that no measures could be taken against the concessioner Ulen. The reason is that no administrative procedure could be launched more than two years on from an environmental violation.
- » Code Orange Weather Alert for 8 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Officials Resort to Artificial Rain to Tackle Raging Wildfires in Siberia
- » Small Village near Karnobat has been Evacuated Due to Fire
- » Rains in the Country Today, Temperatures Will Continue to Decrease
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today, Clouds Will Develop Around Noon
- » NIMH: Rains Expected, Thunders and Hails are Possible