Constriction Violations Committed at Bansko Ski Resort
The company managing Bansko's ski resort committed construction violations when building its infrastructure, but no sanctions are to follow due to expired prescription.
Conclusions quoted above were part of the answers that Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters gave to an inquiry by environmental groups made in March, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
In February it was confirmed that Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Prosecution had "doubts of construction violations" in the Bansko ski resort involving the building of three ski pistes, two lifts, a water reservoir and several service buildings.
They have exceeded by 65 hectares the territory they are allowed to use under their construction contract and apart from that violate nature protection laws.
The authorities however did not report their final conclusions on the matter.
Environment Ministry officials now argue that no measures could be taken against the concessioner Ulen. The reason is that no administrative procedure could be launched more than two years on from an environmental violation.
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded