Constriction Violations Committed at Bansko Ski Resort
The company managing Bansko's ski resort committed construction violations when building its infrastructure, but no sanctions are to follow due to expired prescription.
Conclusions quoted above were part of the answers that Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters gave to an inquiry by environmental groups made in March, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
In February it was confirmed that Bulgaria's Supreme Administrative Prosecution had "doubts of construction violations" in the Bansko ski resort involving the building of three ski pistes, two lifts, a water reservoir and several service buildings.
They have exceeded by 65 hectares the territory they are allowed to use under their construction contract and apart from that violate nature protection laws.
The authorities however did not report their final conclusions on the matter.
Environment Ministry officials now argue that no measures could be taken against the concessioner Ulen. The reason is that no administrative procedure could be launched more than two years on from an environmental violation.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°