Actor Bob Hoskins Dies At 71 Of Pneumonia
Actor Bob Hoskins has died of pneumonia at the age of 71, his agent Clair Dobbs has confirmed.
Hoskins retired from acting in 2012 at the age of 69 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
The Oscar-nominated star of The Long Good Friday, Mona Lisa and Who Framed Roger Rabbit was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in the autumn of 2011.
His family released a statement saying he died last night in hospital.
His wife Linda and children Alex, Sarah, Rosa and Jack said: "We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Bob. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support."
- » Bulgaria's Poet Valeri Petrov Dies
- » British Film Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90
- » Hollywood's Golden Age Actress Lauren Bacall Dies at 89
- » Actor Robin Williams Found Dead, Suicide Suspected
- » Blues Musician Jonny Winter Dies At 70
- » Eduard Shevardnadze, Former President Of Georgia, Dies At 86