Actor Bob Hoskins Dies At 71 Of Pneumonia
Actor Bob Hoskins has died of pneumonia at the age of 71, his agent Clair Dobbs has confirmed.
Hoskins retired from acting in 2012 at the age of 69 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
The Oscar-nominated star of The Long Good Friday, Mona Lisa and Who Framed Roger Rabbit was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in the autumn of 2011.
His family released a statement saying he died last night in hospital.
His wife Linda and children Alex, Sarah, Rosa and Jack said: "We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Bob. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support."
- » Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt Dies at 96
- » Bulgarian President's Eldest Son Dies Aged 14
- » Omar Sharif Dies Aged 83
- » Former Russian Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Primakov Dies Aged 85
- » Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
- » European Royal Families Attend Memorial Service for Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son