Ukraine to Propose Russia's Ouster from Black Sea Naval Force- Report
Ukraine is expected to propose that Russia be excluded from the Black Sea Naval Force (BLACKSEAFOR) at a high-level sitting of experts to be held in Bulgaria.
The step was announced by a source familiar with military and diplomatic affairs in Moscow, according to reports of ITAR-TASS and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
The meeting is supposed to take place in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna in mid-May.
The BLACKSEAFOR naval cooperation task group was created in early 2001 on initiative of Turkey, with the participation of all other Black Sea littoral states, namely Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and Georgia.
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU
- » First Albanian PM Visit to Serbia in 70 Years Postponed
- » Cooling of US-Russia Relations to Last Long Time - Russian FM
- » Turkey to Allow Iraqi Kurdish Fighters to Enter Syria To Defend Kobane
- » Chinese Corporation to Build Romanian Nuclear Reactors
- » US Drops Arms to Kurds Fighting IS Despite Turkish Warnings