Ukraine to Propose Russia's Ouster from Black Sea Naval Force- Report
Ukraine is expected to propose that Russia be excluded from the Black Sea Naval Force (BLACKSEAFOR) at a high-level sitting of experts to be held in Bulgaria.
The step was announced by a source familiar with military and diplomatic affairs in Moscow, according to reports of ITAR-TASS and the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
The meeting is supposed to take place in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna in mid-May.
The BLACKSEAFOR naval cooperation task group was created in early 2001 on initiative of Turkey, with the participation of all other Black Sea littoral states, namely Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and Georgia.
- » 1.3 % of Eastern Europeans Live In UK - Daily Mail
- » EBRD Acquires Stake in Bucharest Bourse
- » Serbia's EU Membership Tied to Sanctions on Russia - Commissioner
- » Atlantic Council Summit in Istanbul to Focus on Energy Issues
- » Kosovo Parties Agree on Gov't, Isa Mustafa 'to Take Over as PM'
- » Ukraine Opposes Direct Talks with Pro-Russian Rebels