Bulgaria's National Security Agency to Open Counter-Terrorism Unit
A counter-terrorism center will be opened as a unit of Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) very soon, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
Speaking Wednesday during a government sitting in Burgas, Yovchev explained that a Bulgarian team was to go the US in May for training and exchange of experience in the sphere.
Yovchev, as cited by Darik radio, explained that the new counter-terrorism unit would function round the clock.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions, Employers’ Organizations to Boycott Tripartite Cooperation Council Meeting