Additional Trains, Buses to Run During Long May Holidays
The Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) will put out 170 additional carriages on 139 trains for the upcoming six-day holidays.
The additional carriages mean that there will be 12,500 extra available seats in the most-travelled lines during the period May 1-6, Standartnews reported. Prior reservations will be required for 26 of the express trains. BDZ reminds that passengers who book return tickets in advance could make use of discounts between 10 and 30%.
An extra 20 bus lines will also run from Sofia's Central Station on Wednesday and Thursday. There are still plenty of bus tickets available to various destinations in Bulgaria, as more people have opted for traveling to neighboring Greece and Turkey compared to previous years.
- » Bulgarian Experts Demand Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad See Slight Increase in August Y/Y
- » Bulgarian Caretaker Minister Emphasizes Increase in Tourist Numbers, Revenues
- » Russia to Evacuate 300 Tourists Stranded in Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Stage Protest to Demand Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Every Third Bulgarian Tourist to Spend September Holidays in Greece