Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Calls for Political Solutions to Humanitarian Crises at Istanbul Summit
- » Outcome of Austria’s Presidential Election Hinges on Postal Ballots