Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting
- » Putin Incorporates Crimea into Southern Federal District