Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Dutch Safety Board to Publish Final Report on MH17 Disaster
- » UK-Born Princeton Professor Angus Deaton Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Economics
- » NATO Must Address Three Priorities amid Current Instability, Stoltenberg Says
- » Turkish PM Points to IS as Prime Suspect for Ankara Suicide Bombings
- » Official Version on Ankara Suicide Bombers Still Lacking – Bulgarian Ambassador
- » Death Toll in Ankara Twin Blast Rises to 97