Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned
- » Russia, Germany, France Call for Full Ceasefire in Ukraine Starting on September 1
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya