Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants