Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper
- » IS Purportedly Beheads US Reporter James Foley
- » Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
- » Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
- » US National Guard Intervenes to Quell Missouri Protests