Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » General Strike Halts Services Across Greece
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia