Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » One Person in Custody, Several Injured, in New York Explosion (UPDATED)
- » Russia will Build the First Nuclear Power Plant in Egypt
- » Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
- » Russian Troops Withdraw from Syria
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Nearly 6,000 Jihadists from the Islamic State may Return to Africa