Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions
- » Italy Rocked by 4 Quakes in 1 Hour