Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016
- » SYRIZA Determined to Seek Renegotiation of Greek Debt
- » World Commemorates Victims of Holocaust, Liberation of Auschwitz
- » Ukraine Declares State of Emergency in Donbass
- » S&P Downgrades Russia's Credit Rating to `Junk`