Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Huge Explosion Rocks Istanbul Metro Station
- » Turkey's Erdogan 'Ready to Stand Down' If IS Oil Trade Claims Are Proven
- » German Govt Endorses Military Mission to Back Anti-IS Fight in Syria
- » PM Cameron to Ask Parliament to Expand UK Anti-IS Strikes to Syria Wednesday
- » German Military Rule out Cooperation with Syria Govt in Anti-IS Strikes
- » Obama Expresses Regret to Putin Over Downed Su-24 Bomber