Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine
- » 40% of Serbians Optimistic About Economic Situation