Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area
- » EU Proposes Visa-Free Travel to Schengen Zone for Kosovo Citizens
- » Turkey's Davutoglu Reportedly Mulls Resignation