Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » World Bank Grants USD 1.2 B in Aid to Albania
- » PM Gruevski Safe After Macedonian Govt Plane Makes Emergency Landing
- » Tsipras Hopes to Agree Outlines of Fresh Aid Deal in Riga
- » IS Captures UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palmyra in Syria
- » Albania PM Threatens to Block Macedonia's NATO Accession
- » Real Negotiations Have Not Started Yet, Macedonia's Zaev Says