Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » Putin Needs 'Phone Call' to End War in Syria, UK's Hammond Says
- » Germany Warns Bulgaria, Macedonia against Sealing Borders to Migrants
- » Key Bulgaria-Greece Checkpoint Remains Closed to Transit Trucks
- » Turkish Army Shells Kurds in Northern Syria
- » Pope Francis, Russian Patriach Call for Christian Unity in Historic Meeting
- » Protests of Greek Farmers Close Ilinden Checkpoint on Bulgarian-Greek Border