Ukrainian Forces Demolish Slaviansk Roadblocks
Ukraine's Interior Ministry reports to have eliminated three roadblocks set up by pro-Russian supporters in Slaviansk, Donetsk region.
"The roadblocks near Slaviansk have been eliminated by antiterrorist center forces in an antiterrorist operation at about 5 AM on April 30", the Interior Ministry said, quoted by Interfax.
The ministry added that the Kiev authorities are now in control of the area.
Slaviansk has been a center of separatism in the past days. Four OSCE observers were held captive by a radical group in the city last week. In an earlier special operation, two men were killed by Ukrainian forces in an attempt to regain control of government buildings.
- » ECB Keeps Cash Aid to Greek Banks Flat Despite Liquidity Shortage
- » PM Tsipras Appoints Euclid Tsakalotos as Greece’s New Finance Minister
- » Greek Banks to Reopen on Thursday - FAZ
- » Tsakalotos Set to Take over as Greece’s Finance Minister
- » Putin Discusses Greek Referendum Outcome with Tsipras
- » German EconMin Warns Greeks 'Need Help'