Turkey Busts Illegal Immigrants Trafficking Ring
Police in Istanbul and Edirne have dismantled a crime group which engaged in illegal trafficking of immigrants from Middle East countries to Bulgaria and Greece.
The 12-strong crime group was uncovered as a result of several months of tracking by special police units, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The operation was conducted on the order of the republican prosecuting authority in the neighborhood of Gaziosmanpasha in Istanbul and the local Command of the Gendarmerie in Istanbul.
The special police units launched simultaneous operations on 16 different locations in Istanbul.
In one of the premises searched by the police, over 50 immigrants from Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and the Palestinian Authority were found.
The traffickers pocketed USD 500 – 2000 per person.
All members of the crime group were detained and were remanded in custody.
The immigrants will be expelled.
- » CNN: Nigeria Bombing, 50 Killed in Early Morning Attack on Mosque
- » EU Officials Accused of Selling Illegal Alcohol in Afghanistan
- » The Infamous Convicted Killer Charles Manson Died after 40 Years in Jail
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile