Turkey Busts Illegal Immigrants Trafficking Ring
Police in Istanbul and Edirne have dismantled a crime group which engaged in illegal trafficking of immigrants from Middle East countries to Bulgaria and Greece.
The 12-strong crime group was uncovered as a result of several months of tracking by special police units, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The operation was conducted on the order of the republican prosecuting authority in the neighborhood of Gaziosmanpasha in Istanbul and the local Command of the Gendarmerie in Istanbul.
The special police units launched simultaneous operations on 16 different locations in Istanbul.
In one of the premises searched by the police, over 50 immigrants from Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and the Palestinian Authority were found.
The traffickers pocketed USD 500 – 2000 per person.
All members of the crime group were detained and were remanded in custody.
The immigrants will be expelled.
- » Three Tons of Contraband Tobacco Detained at the Port of Burgas
- » The Search for the Attackers of the Journalist Ivo Nikodimov Continues
- » Murder of a Local Businessman Was Committed in Plovdiv
- » Activist From the Party of Valery Simeonov Arrested For Trafficking of Migrants
- » Italians Robbed ATMs Masked like Trump
- » The Greek Police is after Imported Alcohol from Bulgaria