Turkey Busts Illegal Immigrants Trafficking Ring
Police in Istanbul and Edirne have dismantled a crime group which engaged in illegal trafficking of immigrants from Middle East countries to Bulgaria and Greece.
The 12-strong crime group was uncovered as a result of several months of tracking by special police units, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The operation was conducted on the order of the republican prosecuting authority in the neighborhood of Gaziosmanpasha in Istanbul and the local Command of the Gendarmerie in Istanbul.
The special police units launched simultaneous operations on 16 different locations in Istanbul.
In one of the premises searched by the police, over 50 immigrants from Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and the Palestinian Authority were found.
The traffickers pocketed USD 500 – 2000 per person.
All members of the crime group were detained and were remanded in custody.
The immigrants will be expelled.
- » Sofia Court Rules Bailout Punishment for Judge Rumyana Chenalova
- » Sofia Court Acquits Sole Defendant in 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Bulgaria to Set up Anti-Smugglling Coordination Center
- » Judge Rumyana Chenalova Detained for 72 Hours
- » Bulgaria Detains Romanian National Trying to Smugge 0.5 Kg Heroin
- » Bulgarian Authorities Launch Nationwide Search for Judge Rumyana Chenalova