Rain Continues to Grip Bulgaria, Code Yellow in Northwest
Code Yellow, for potentially hazardous weather, has been issued in two Bulgarian regions – Montana and Vratsa.
Intensive rain showers are expected throughout the day in northwestern Bulgaria, with the possibility of thunderstorms in the afternoon. In the higher areas of the Rila and Pirin mountains the rain could turn into snow, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology reported. Drivers are advised to be cautious for limited visibility there.
Meteorologists predict a rainier May than usual, with slightly lower temperatures than average, especially in the first half of the month.
The intensive rainfall over the past weeks has caused floods in parts of northern Bulgaria, which have claimed several lives so far.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement